Sunday, April 6, 2008

Its update time

I don't think I've published anything here for quite some time, mainly because i had nothing 'positive' I wanted to say, and I didn't want to bog everyone down with negativity. I have this fear that all the stuff I write tends to be depressing crap and god forbid my friends begin to feel like unpaid counsellors! also, I was getting paranoid about people having access to how I was thinking and feeling, and after reading Ben Elton's novel 'Blind Faith' I was beginning to see the merits in keeping things private and not broadcasting it out to the world. Anyway......

March:
March was a bit of an up and down month for me. Things were fine on the home front, but I was finding the whole work situation a little challenging (to say the least). I had gone from being in a team environment to working almost completely by myself in a new environment, with new students and new staff. I had to learn a whole lot of new skills, quickly. To think on my feet and make split-second decisions - how to manage really bad student behaviour, and how to work with people i hadn't worked with before. I spent all of March feeling really tired and overwhelmed, and wanting to hide away from the world. Marathon sessions of "Smallville" with my lovely husband helped, as did being able to come home to our house in the bush. It was also nice to get away over the Easter break - to travel to Christchurch and catch up with my family down there. While I was there, we went to see 'Warbirds over Wanaka' and we took Grandad along. He was based in Cairo during the war and spent lots of time maintaining and repairing such fighter aircraft as Kitty Hawks and Spitfires. So it was fantastic to be with him at an event where we could see the old planes in action.April:
Ok, so I know we haven't had much of April so far. We have had one major development though. One of my oldest friends, Alison, has come to live with us until she buys a house down here. I have known Ali since the good old days in Christchurch (we met in 4th form at Girls High, back in 1994). We're both into similar stuff these days - gardening and baking yummy food, and discussing the mysteries of life - that kind of thing. Ali brought her bread-maker down with her, and we've been making this fantastic pizza base with it.... so we've had pizza for dinner three times in the last four days (I'm sure you would approve, James!) although I think my waistline perhaps won't be better off for it, but what the hell! so that pretty much sums up April, unless you'd like me to reiterate to you the hours I spent planning schoolwork and writing bad fanfiction and all the other mundane things that make up a person's existence.

So thank you for reading, if you'd made it this far. I'd like to thank the Academy, and James, and Jo, and Billy, Frances, Maggie, Sarah, John, and Jeremy for reading. Where would i be without my fans?

One day I'll write you guys a song...... but for now......

Good night!

2 comments:

Dr Tim said...

What about me? I don't get thanked. Aaah well, such is the life of the man behind the woman.

James said...

Yeah Tim, indeed it is!

but Fi, the picture of your Grandad is just great.
(although it kind of dates me because my dad
was flying Halifaxes out of Yorkshire to the Ruhr...
at the age when I was just starting university).