Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Reward

So, without any further ado, I'd like to announce via the wonderful world of the internet, that I have a new job!

Still in the teaching field, but based in the Mental Health industry, with adolescents who have chronic mental health conditions. I'll be working at the Central Regional Health School in the Rangitahi unit of Kenepuru Hospital. Here is a link for all those that may be interested:

http://www.centralregionalhealth.school.nz/kccrhs/kcindex.shtmlal.

I feel as though it will be a fantastic new challenge for me, and a position where I will be able to develop existing skills and extend myself professionally. Wish me luck!

I start the new job in about six weeks time, so until then I'll be working at the unit at Titahi Bay Intermediate. At the moment, I'm going to work each day feeling both excited and sad. I'm going to miss the kids i work with soooo much! its unbelievable how attached you can get, and how hard it is to say goodbye. Some of the kids I work with at the moment have come a really long way since I began, so it'll be heartbreaking saying goodbye to them.

I can't believe how emotional I'm getting over this!

Anyway, new opportunities, new challenges. Lots of stuff to look forward to. So far, the staff at CRHS seem fantastic - and I can't wait to start my new job.

2 comments:

the_jok said...

seen your news! Well done Fi :D

James said...

Wow! Fi - Great News Indeed.