Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Surfacing

Coming up for air now - the confusion has gone, the world feels 'real' one again, and my thoughts are no longer haunting me (for now). I'm sitting on the couch, slouched over my Macbook, enjoying the sound that the rain makes as it slowly drips down outside. I'm being warmed from teh inside out by an English Muffin (plain with chutney and cheese....mmm.... my favourite). I feel secure in the knowledge that I am loved and I feel positive about the coming weekend and two weeks holiday. These things feel good and help drive away the negativity that threatens to rear its head. The negativity that is always present to some extent. I'm better at subduing it than I used to be, which is something to be happy (relieved) about I guess. I'm going out tonight, going to eat, drink and dance the night away (hmm... not sure about the dancing part but it seems to fit in the sentence, so I'll keep it). Some band is playing at the Adelaide. I wonder if they serve absinthe there? hmmm.... perhaps htat wouldn't be a good idea? ok, this post is rapidly turning into a stream of consciousness and will probably make little sense so I'll nip it in the bud and bid you all adieu - until next time.

3 comments:

Dr Tim said...

Yay! I'm glad you like my special muffin topping. See you soon!

(I'm also glad you're feeling better :)

James said...

So we woz "in town" last night - we went to see 90degrees south at the Paramount - so did you end up at the Adelaide? do they have the green fairy?

Fi said...

What was the movie like? I assume you went to see a movie :D
We had a fun time at the Adelaide - although we didn't actually stay for the band (I started fading at around 10pm..... so we left). I spent the evening drinking Margaritas and Corona - my second favourite thing to the green fairy!