Thursday, February 1, 2007

My morning

Hello there! well, I went for a crazy bike ride around Wellington this morning. It was one of those absolutely perfect days where the sun was shining, and the sky was cloudless, and birds were singing in the trees, and all was right with the world. Now yes, before you ask, I have been remembering to take my happy pills! but it was hard not to be happy and feel great on such a fantastic morning. Like they always say 'you can't beat Wellington on a good day.' I cycled downtown, like a madman, trying to dodge the boy racers, and ended up in Oriental Parade, and rode along the bay, watching the people chilling out and just getting on with their morning. Here is a picture of Oriental Bay:
As you can see, it is a very beautiful part of Wellington. I rode my bike further on, around the bays, until I came to Evans Bay. I really like this bay as its full of old boat-sheds - some of which look as though they are inhabited - and how cool would it be to live virtually on top of the sea?!!
I really liked the look of those boatsheds, so I investigated further, and came to one that I am from now on going to consider my dream house! I have these dreams of living on top of the ocean, and the sound of the waves lulling me to sleep at night, and getting woken up to the cry of the seagulls in the dawn. Ok, so my romantic image does not include the howling southerlies we get, throughout the whole of winter, but dreams are free! Here is my dream house! :

No comments: