Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Alyse

Alyse is an 21 year old student from America (Hawaii) who will be staying with us for a week, while she is in Wellington. She has been travelling all over the place since September, and reckons she has slept in over 50 different beds during that time! god, I don't envy her, eh! I miss my own bed even when I'm away for a week! (although I don't miss Tim's snoring..... kidding!). Anyway, apart from having Alyse to stay, not much is happening around these parts. I'm just preparing for the year ahead with school, trying to get all my planning done for term 1 while there is still time (having slacked off majorly for the past 5 weeks!!). Today I'm meeting our ex-flatmate, Anne, for lunch in Newtown, we're going to check out a cafe called 'Planah' which has recently re-opened after being closed for over a month. Check it out if you're ever in the area. Its on Ridderford street and does amazing vegetarian food, great coffee, and to top it all off.... loose leaf tea from T-leaf!!! what more could you want? :D

I found out yesterday that this year I'll once again have 7 kids in my class - two girls, and five boys! all teenagers! and hopefully have the same teacher aides as last year - Raewyn, and Tracy. This year will be interesting, as the kids in my class are all working at different levels of the curriculum, some pre level one, some up to level three, so I'll have to pretty much create separate programmes for each of them, while at the same time having a programme which the whole class....... so it'll be a more challenging year than last year, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: