Sunday, January 21, 2007

Corsets


I've always loved clothes, ever since I can remember. So this year, I'm thinking of trying to design my own - and not rely so much on patterns. I would like to begin making clothes for other people, whereas previously it was just for myself and was more to do with self-gratification. I think I would now get more satisfaction from making something for someone else - something which fitted them perfectly and flattered their figure. At the moment I'm going to concentrate mainly in women's clothes, and build up my confidence before venturing into men's attire. I guess I'm just more interested in women's clothing, anyway.

Here is a picture of a corset I made, being modelled by a friend. Its made primarily of cotton (outer layer) and satin on the inside. I believe it took about ten hours to make.

No comments: