Sunday, January 21, 2007

January, 2007, Part 3 1/3




Ok, so I wanted to talk about the Hunter Valley in my last post, but didn't get around to it as I got sidetracked by talking about William. Besides, William deserves his very own entry (I think).

So we went to the Hunter Valley in Australia for Tim's AGM. So basically, all his workmates (and moi) piled into one of those tourist buses in Sydney on Monday night, arriving in the Hunter Valley very late that night!


We stayed at a resort called 'Cypress Lakes'. Check it out on this link:

http://www.cypresslakes.com.au/

It was pretty flash..... and basically a whole community of villas, surrounded by a health spa, resort centre, and acres of golf course. The Hunter Valley itself is located about two hours drive out of Sydney. It was very hot while we were there, so unfortunately I was unable to do much apart from sit around the pool all day long. But such is life, I suppose! Tim spent most of the time at the conference, getting to know his workmates better and doing strange orientation and group work activities, like having to be blindfolded on a croquet court, and find his way from one end to the other.



We checked out the Lindemans winery while we were there, which was cool. They had this amazing sweet white wine for sale for only $8.95 a bottle! we brought a couple of bottles and are now kicking ourselves that we didn't buy more than that, although I don't know how we would have got it back to NZ if we had completely indulged ourself!

I got a facial on my last day at the Resort. I felt a little bit like my idol, 'Bubbles devere' from Little Britain! (see above)

No comments: