Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whanau visit!




My lovely family came up to stay with us last weekend (well, my Mum, Dad, and Grandad did).
One of the first things we decided to do was to tackle the back garden - as it was in desperate need of a makeover. So on Sunday morning, we all headed out there, clad in our gardening gear and proceeded to tackle the embankment that runs under the bridge at the back of our house. You have no idea how difficult it was to clear that bank - I think every plant under the sun (well, almost) was growing under there - including honeysuckle vines and Raspberry bushes. Not to mention various trees that had to be dug out. But Mum, Dad, and I made good progress on it throughout the day, with Grandad and Tim supervising (and taking photos of the whole endeavour) and before long the bank was cleared and in a workable state. Now instead of a bank which is choked full of old weeds and dying plants, we have a clear bank which is slowly going to be planted with hebes and other native New Zealand shrubs! Its time like these that I'm so happy we now have our own house and garden and its so exciting knowing that you can do anything you like to it. I'm so grateful for my family for helping me out like they did. I'm hoping I can return the favour for them when I travel down to Christchurch next week.




No comments: