Saturday, May 17, 2008

Veering away from religion for a while -

I've found it fascinating to read the debate that has been raging in the comments section of late, regarding my posts on 'faith' and religion - and it has helped me reach some conclusions regarding my own personal 'faith'.

Anyway, moving on from that.

I had my final day of work at Kapi Mana School on Friday. I feel a great sense of relief to be out of there (at last) - although I will miss some of the kids and staff. I realised as I drove off that night, that I am ready to move on, and I don't feel too sad about it either - I am 100% sure that I've made the right decision for me, and I can't wait to begin learning new stuff and developing my skills further. The new job is really going to push me, but overall it's a challenge I'm willing to undertake. I feel as though my brain has been dormant for long enough!

Annoyingly enough, though, I came down with a cold on Thursday night and have felt like crap ever since. It's one of those irritating throat infections, which renders you incapable of talking without sounding all deep and husky (and then at times high pitched) - rather like a teenage boy. I guess I can see the humourous side of it, but I'm hoping it'll go on it's merry way by tomorrow. So for now it's staying in, watching DVD's by the fire and being pampered by Tim (I'm a lucky girl :D). So there is certainly an upside to it all.

4 comments:

Dr Tim said...

Now, if you'd only come downstairs and watch DVDs with me I could pamper you even more :)

Fi said...

Coming down now! (you're the best!)

xxxxx

James said...

Awww SHUCKS

you're both just lovely

Am watching Mark Kermode film reviews on GooTube.

Dr Tim said...

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.