Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New job and life in general

So I'm now 3 days into my new job, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

I work with a great team of nurses, psychologists, care workers, social workers, the resident Maori elders (the Kuia and Koro), and Pacific Island cultural representative.

Every morning we all meet to discuss any issues that have come up the night before, and before we begin we sing a song in Te Reo and someone will say a prayer or a Karakia. I really enjoy this part of the day and have found that it helps prepare me for the day ahead. The rest of the day is spent either teaching, or doing admin type stuff.

The best thing about this job (for me) is that I'm doing something that I am really passionate about. Second to that, is being able to work with such a professional and dedicated team.

I might need to pick your brains at some point regarding NCEA level Maths! I was looking through a NCEA level 1 textbook yesterday, and could not for the life of me remember how to do some of the stuff that was in it..... so I could probably do with a refresher course! hmmm.....

2 comments:

James said...

Fi

well just really pleased that this job has started so well - long may it continue!

the_jok said...

Yeh, So glad you are enjoying the new role Fi, As to the Maths, I hope you were not meaning me. 1+2 + 4??

:D I will try and help if you really want, but I am sure some of the other readers are far more proficient than me!

J