Saturday, March 3, 2007

Newtown Fair!




















The day dawned, bright and luminescent.... a clear blue sky and barely any wind (except when Tim was around, haha). A perfect day for cruising around the Newtown fair. Many bargains were found - such as Fi's $5 tattoo - and 'Ring of Fire' chilli sauce for only $4. We marvelled at the stalls - one of which was serving a bean dish from the biggest pot we'd ever seen! and the throngs of people that had descended onto our normally quiet (yet quirky) suberb. And Fi was able to enjoy the fair with the added benefit of being able to smell everything through her new $10, 000 nose! All kinds of food was on offer - from Samoan, Chinese, Spanish, Chilean and Indian. Fi couldn't get over all the tempting aromas and had to make a dash back home before she succumbed and tried something from every stall. However, she couldn't resist getting a fake tattoo of a celtic cross, which she got strategically placed on her right wrist. All in all, a spectacular day in Newtown, Wellington's funkiest suberb.

3 comments:

the_jok said...

I thought for a moment the tattoo was real! Wonderful news that the $10,000 nose "job" worked :) I thought you might have given some thoughts on the smells and how you related to them though.

Elyssa Vulpes said...

well I must say thank you very much for that blurb.com website. I actually used it for ben' s birthday!
and now im going to check out the secret one...
congrats on your nose job!!

Fi said...

Thanks! and yes, it was well worth it, I can assure you.... as Tim would put it 'money well spent'. Also, there has been virtually no pain whatsoever, and I feel so much better than I did before! also, I'm glad that you found the blurb website useful..... I'm onto my third book now, and am finding it a little addictive!