Saturday, August 9, 2008

More words...

The day has dawned, bright and beautiful. The sun penetrating through the cold air, and I watch as mist rises up off the ground, as the trees begin to steam in the hot sun. It is such a beautiful day, and it's put me in a rather contemplative mood. I have been thinking about some stuff that has been on my mind recently - especially in terms of friendships. I realise now that the initial anger I felt has passed, that only a tiny fraction of hurt remains. I don't want to keep dwelling in the past, but I want to move on with things, and make things better. I don't know if I can make things 'right' but I can try. It's important to take what you can from situations like this - to learn from them, to grow in the right places. It's much more awesome to have friends than to not have them, and I've learnt that in order to keep friendships going and to honour the other person, that it is best to be honest whenever possible.
I'm not saying that this is easy, because it isn't. It's one of the hardest things to do sometimes, and it's something that I struggle with a lot of the time. However, I'm going to make an effort.
I feel full of hope at the moment...... but I'd still like you to wish me luck all the same.

No comments: