Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I (don't) want to be friends.

'I don't feel like I know you, but you know me. I'm getting tired trying to figure out your reasons for why you do things and who you are.' (from one 'friend' to another).

I just wanted to say......

I can't do this any more.
I can't keep pretending,
I can't lie to myself any longer.

You say you wanted to know the real me.
This is the real me.
The real me has been right in front of you, from the beginning.

The more you try to deny it,
The more real I become to you,
And you don't like what you see.

But this is the real me.

I don't think I can help you any longer.
You've drained me,
Taken from me.
All you do is take.

You never think to give,
Or to consider how I might be feeling.
This makes me want to spend less and less time with you.

You don't seem to understand,
That you're not the only one who has problems.
Who wants to talk about stuff,
Who sometimes needs a shoulder to lean on.

No, all you have done is taken from me.

I can't keep this up,
And I don't know how to tell you.






4 comments:

James said...

Hmm - I was going to ask if you set it to music..

but then I wondered if the "you" read the blog?

Fi said...

The 'you' doesn't read the blog. It's just basically a way for me to vent my feelings. I considered setting it to music, but I've got no idea how I'd go about doing that....

Dr Tim said...

I don't think the "you" even knows the blog exists! (and I'm very happy it's not about me).

Putting it to music would be great! Lets do it over the weekend :)

the_jok said...

This is amazing Fi. I just hope it isn't me!

I can't wait to hear what you all achieve with it this weekend.

See you all soon