Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bike riding and other things.

A couple of hours ago, I decided to bike to Upper Hutt to return some library books.

It takes about 10-12 minutes to drive there from our house, so I figured it wouldn't take much longer to ride there on my bike.

Well, I survived the bike ride - roughly half an hour to get there, and slightly less on the way back due to an empty bag and a slight tail wind. However, I must have really pushed myself because when I got home (almost collapsing from exhaustion!) I just couldn't get warm. It was the strangest thing. Even now, a couple of hours later and after a long hot shower, I still feel weird and drained. I guess biking full-on for an hour when you're not used to it, is probably not the best thing to do for your body!

Hmmm..... I can see an evening of wining and dining ahead of me - I'm sure that'll make me feel better!

Work has been full-on this week, too. Lots of professional development. I've been learning the basics of cognitive behaviour therapy, which we will be applying in our classroom, and discussing ethics in detail. I've been finding it all incredibly interesting. Next week, we're off to Lower North Youth Justice (bit of a mouthful, isn't it?) to see how things are run out there. I'm looking forward to it. This job is just so varied, with so much to learn. I feel as though I'm merely at the beginning of my 'journey' - for want of a better term.

So, only 12 teaching days to go until Term 2 holidays - I can't wait! In the meantime, we have some fun stuff coming up. I'm looking forward to seeing Tim when he gets back on Friday, and attending Amy's birthday party, and then in the actual holidays, I have my brother and sister staying for about a week - so it'll be great to catch up with them and show them all the cool things Welly has to offer :D Yay!

Well, that's it for tonight. Time to go prepare for the wining and dining.

xx

No comments: