Friday, August 24, 2007

It's poetry time!

She forgot the sound of the rain
She forgot the smell
Of the rain drenched plains.
She could not remember the sound,
Or the taste
Of the wild, sweeping sea.
She no longer searched through
Lush green valleys,
The stars no longer shone
fiercly in the black diamond sky.

She had pushed it all away,
traded in for another time
Another place,
Another way of being.

But something remained....
A wild urge,
A fractured being,
A star-lit person cascading from the sky.
A dark forest,
A torn ribbon,
A rain-drenched mountain,
An empty table.
A thousand echoes.

Something was building,
Something was coming.
All colours, blue, green, and black.
A cascade of visions,
A thousand lives half carried
Something was calling
Something was emerging.

If I Look up at at the sky,
Will I see your face tonight?
You are torn from me,
A being no-more.
I burn, ache,
I hunger for you,
The immaculate star-child.

Last night I sat by the lake,
And watched as the light made
Ribbons over perfect still waters.
The sleepy sound of crickets brought me back.

No comments: