Friday, April 3, 2009

March - missing in action!

Seldom do I seem to find the time to post on this blog these days, but after reading Katherine's eloquent post, I figured I'd make the effort.

I'm sitting here pondering the upcoming weeks - next Thursday marks my last day of work for the term. This term has been interesting - not many kids, but some positive stuff has happened. We have helped one get back into school after having missed most of the term, classes have generally gone well, and more and more I feel as though I'm coming to grips with the curriculum material. Some things that have 'shocked' me (for lack of a better word) was seeing the rapid mental decline of one of my students, and working with a tiny 11 year old girl with a severe eating disorder who has to be fed through a nasal gastric tube. I found it really difficult to work with this particular child - not because of her behaviour, but because of the realisation that she may never recover.

But all in all, I feel as though it has been a relatively successful term (if you can call it that.) I'm feeling so much more confident in what I do, and in my own abilities. Sometimes I leave work thinking 'I love my job' which is something I never thought I'd ever experience. All positive things.

3 comments:

Dr Tim said...

Yay! I'm glad you love you job. It's a nice feeling :)

Kath said...

Hi there

Kath said...

Hi Fi, I am glad you are enjoying your job I knew you'd be good at it, sounds like you are dealing with some tough stuff though. Stuff that no words can really capture the feeling of.

Looking forward to hanging out at yours over the holidays

Love K J and A